Ten years ago, Moroccanoil set out to create the proper canvas for all hair care and hairstyling. The brand's signature product, Moroccanoil Treatment, has now served as the perfect foundation for hair for millions of people around the world for over a decade. Complete with both styling and conditioning benefits, this award-winning formula infused with Argan oil creates long-lasting smoothness, increases manageability, speeds up blow-dry time and boosts shine.
Moroccanoil is 100% cruelty-free and made in Israel. All hair care products contain Argan oil. With its high content of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin E, the benefits of Argan oil naturally help revitalise skin, increase hair's elasticity and consistently restore shine to dull, lifeless hair. It is a powerful antioxidant, UV protector and free-radical neutraliser.
The Face Behind Moroccanoil
Moroccanoil co-founder Carmen Tal was miles from home attending a wedding in Israel when, after a routine colour service gone awry, she experienced the powerful Moroccanoil Treatment. As she witnessed the transformation of her hair instantly revitalised by a blow wave, going from damaged to shiny, smooth, manageable, she went on a quest to share the magic of this Argan oil hair treatment with women across the globe.
An Industry Pioneer
What began a decade ago as a single, revolutionary product that pioneered a new category in the beauty industry, has grown into a full line of hair and body products, all infused with nourishing antioxidant-rich Argan oil, signature to the brand. Dedicated to providing the highest quality hair and body products, Moroccanoil has grown into an iconic beauty brand. “We are thrilled to be celebrating ten years of oil-infused innovation and today our goal remains unchanged—to empower beautiful transformations and create products that inspire confidence,” says co-founder Carmen Tal.
Argan Oil Production
Argan trees grow and tenaciously survive in semi-desert areas of the Mediterranean. The deep roots and small leaves of the argan tree allow it to resist arid winds and water loss, resulting in a nut with a unique oil profile.
Pure argan oil is a rare and precious oil that is harvested and extracted from the nut of the argan tree. For centuries, women across the Mediterranean have used argan oil in their beauty regimen for vibrant, healthy-looking skin and hair.
Memorable and exotic, the signature Moroccanoil scent is an iconic juxtaposition of notes that transport the senses, conjuring images of a relaxing beach-side vacation, and the feeling of indulging in a luxurious spa. A highly-regarded and truly distinctive fragrance: spicy amber aromas merge with sweet florals, capping the sensorial journey with a soothing experience to remember.
Lissom's Product Picks
- Blonde Perfecting Purple Shampoo: A sulfate, phosphate and paraben-free purple shampoo. Featuring deep violet pigments to counteract unwanted yellow and orange tones, this professional-strength tone-correcting shampoo gently cleanses without drying and contains ArganID™ to help repair hair from the inside out.
- Dry Scalp Treatment: Applying 3-6 drops daily invigorates a dry scalp, relieves irritation and dryness, moisturises and nourishes with lavender, geranium and salicylic acid. Suitable for all flaky concerns, including psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
- Oily Scalp Treatment: A treatment that soothes the scalp and balances excess sebum, providing natural astringent and purifying properties. Formulated with lavender, Argan and ginger.
- Protect & Prevent Spray: A leave-in conditioning spray that detangles and hydrates hair without weightiness, prevents unwanted brassiness, and shields against environmental aggressors including UV and oxidation.
- Blow-Dry Concentrate: The go-to for coarse, unruly hair. provides intense frizz control and facilitates easier blowouts.