Triumph & Disaster Coltrane Clay 25g Mini
Matte look, medium hold
Style is a state of mind, thoughts determine character and our actions define us. When it comes to crafting a look and a personal style, we believe in wearing your heart on your sleeve and shooting for the end zone. We built Coltrane clay to deliver on just such an ethos. It’s for anyone who understands that the best way to get to the dance is to ride along with the band.
Utilising White Clay and Beeswax mixed with Pracaxi oil and a splash of Brazil wax, this medium hold clay is designed to create the perfect hold for those who want a matte, firm, healthy wave that is flexible enough to mould your own way, but strong enough to keep it that way.
1/ Medium Hold, Matte Finish & Re-workable - Feels and looks natural but is flexible enough to rework throughout the day.
2/ Suits fine to thick, short to medium length hair, so it's not all things to everybody and we say that's OK.
3/ Curl the hair, add some Coltrane Clay to your hands, warm it up and apply to mids and ends.
4/ Apply a small amount of Coltrane Clay through damp or dry hair from the back of the head to the front, working it in, and styling to suit. Good for showing off texture and layers. Walk tall, run strong, fight the good fight.
5/ Includes great sustainable natural ingredients that avoid the traditional nasties.
25g Aluminium Jar
- Kaolin/China Clay - Is soft white clay named after the hill in China (Kao-ling) where it was first mined. Used for centuries to make Chinese porcelain when kaolin is mixed with water it can be molded under pressure, the shape is retained after the pressure is removed making it a fantastic base for styling clay – thanks Coltrane.
- Beeswax - Made by our humble little friends to raise and nourish their young, the benefits to our hair are plentiful. Visually it adds texture and volume making it appear stronger and thicker which means it is easier to mould and style. Beeswax assists in preventing split ends whilst delivering shine and natural protection from the elements – it’s like the best older brother you ever had. Beeswax has your back.
- Pracaxi Oil - Found in the deepest darkest Amazon Pracaxi oil is obtained by a natural (Chemical Free) cold press process that draws the oil from the seeds and flesh. The secrets of the Pracaxi seed have been widely known in the Amazon for generations where it has been used on anything from acne and burns to body and hair oil. In Coltrane it is an awesome conditioning agent and works in combination with the waxes and clays to leave hair feeling smooth and soft.
- Brazil Wax - Back in the day grandpa might have cleaned his tobacco pipe with it, maybe he used it to coat the hull of his boat enhancing the speed and handling through water, it is still used today in many brands of surf wax for much the same properties. In Coltrane it helps create the hold and waterproofing to give your look longevity.
American Tobacco -We added this because we don’t think smelling like a fruit jube is right for a grown man's hair, but old school loose leaf smoking tobacco, well that’s ok with us. All natural this is a bespoke one of a kind T&D fragrance made by our genius fragrance guy – Phil.
- Day - Add some Coltrane Clay to your hands, warm it up and apply to the mids and ends.
- Night - Flexible enough to rework throughout the day.
Full List of Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Kaolin (Clay), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Vegetable Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyester 5, Coco-Caprylate, PEG 29 Castor Oil, Glycerine, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Polysorbate 60 (Caster Derived), Pongamia Pinnata Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba (Pracaxi) Seed Oil, Parfum (Natural Fragrance), Tapioca Starch, CI 77499 (Black Oxide), †Linalool, †Eugenol, †Citronellol, †d-Limonene. (†Component of Natural Fragrance)